- On August 27, 2019
We are excited to announce a new resource available to help you with hail related roofing claims: asphalt desaturation tests and analysis. This test is performed by our in-house engineer and analyzes the roof material in question to determine if a fracture is hail related or not.
If you are working a hail claim and the cause of damage is being questioned, this test can help! Here’s how the test works:
- the outer asphalt component of the roof sample is removed
- internal layers are extracted
- each layer is analyzed independently for the presence/absence of damage including bruises, punctures, tears, etc.
Once the test is complete, all documented findings are listed in a report which then can be used to validate the claim and ensure fair claim payment.
Since hailstorms (and damage) rarely impact roofs in the same way, using asphalt desaturation testing is the single best way to prove if hail damage exists and if it’s functional or cosmetic.
The test requires a roof sample be removed and sent to our lab. From there a special process is used to extract all roof layers which are then independently analyzed for signs of bruises and fractures. This test shows:
- if damage was due to hail impact
- how many roof layers were impacted
- if damage is functional or cosmetic
- how much life is left in the material & condition of the roof
Have a claim you are working right now that could benefit from this type of testing? Contact us today to learn more and find out if it’s right for you.